Thursday, March 18, 2021

Kaya, Trips, Bug

My sister Mara had a baby on Friday! Her name is Kaya Alise, and she looks perfectly chubby. I wish I could be there to see her, but hopefully that will happen later in the summer. I keep seeing things in the news about people refusing to get the vaccination, and it makes me sad. I know there are cases where people can't because of health problems, but I'm mad at the ones who do internet "research" and put everyone else at risk.

James really wants to drive to NC this summer. I have mixed feelings about it. I also broke my cardinal rule of not planning ahead by too much (since it gives me anxiety) and made maps of a bunch of possible future road trips. I actually planned so we could visit every state in the lower 48 over 6 years or so. I haven't been to 10, and it would be cool to say I've been to all 50. I have no idea if that will ever happen, especially Hawaii. We have to start with the shortest route to NC, which is 30 hours long one way. Eek.

Starting Saturday, everyone started getting sick. I didn't feel horrible, so I didn't realize that I was actually sick. I thought it was just severe indigestion. The older 3 kids are home from school today, and James took half of a day off yesterday. I'm hoping that everyone will be fine by Monday. Katie and Samantha have been unaffected so far. Katie might avoid it because she's a germaphobe and has been wearing a mask all day.

Thanks to the stupid sickness, I've had extra laundry and didn't get to do a date with James. Also, people won't stop banging on my bedroom door. I feel a little smothered. I need a vacation, but I'm not so sure that I want anyone else to come with me.

1 comment:

  1. This post made me laugh. I get it. I could write a very similar post.Thanks for sharing that sometimes life is just that way.

    ReplyDelete