Thursday, March 25, 2021

Bug, Sewing, My 33rd Birthday

Well, that stomach bug ended up getting me after all. I felt absolutely horrible on Thursday night and Friday, then 90% better on Saturday. Katie also got sick on Friday/Saturday. By Sunday, everyone was better, and Samantha never got it. She must have an amazing immune system. She's never been sick and has only thrown up 3 times in her life, all because of motion sickness.

I made myself a shirt yesterday. It was actually a pretty horrible day, but I feel accomplished that I made something that fits and looks cute. It blue with black lace on the front and just black lace on the back, a sleeveless swing tunic that obviously requires a shirt underneath.

Being sick really took up our whole weekend. This week has been pretty busy with normal stuff. Today is my 33rd birthday. I've made a flourless chocolate cake with ganache - my new favorite since last year. It tastes like eating a giant truffle, super rich and chocolaty. I'll open presents after dinner. James and I plan on getting sushi and Chinese on Saturday for lunch. I certainly wish that we could eat somewhere in person, but I'm not going to do that until I'm fully vaccinated. April 24th can't come soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment