Thursday, April 1, 2021

DnD, New Recipes, Sewing

We finished our Star Wars marathon on Friday. Saturday, we ran some errands and got sushi and Chinese for my official birthday meal. (It's my tradition to get sushi since it's expensive.)

James and I have started playing DnD with a couple of teacher friends. He even bought me a set of dice. I guess I can't officially get any any nerdier?  I don't know; I think I've said that before...

I got two amazing things for my birthday that will help me try new recipes. One is a sous vide stick, and the other is a poster called "100 Heavenly Dishes in the World". So far, we've cooked steak sous vide and loved it. Today, we're trying tuna steaks. I scratched off the dishes I've tried so far, and I have 49 left to go. I've already several planned in the upcoming weeks and will need to buy about 12 ingredients on Amazon that I can't find here. Almost everything on the list looks heavenly, and I'm so excited to travel the world through delicious food.

I've been cutting out lots of fabric this week. I really like to have a bunch of projects ready to go in page protectors. Then, it's easy to pull one out when I have a spare hour. I have only 1 piece of cloth left from Christmas, and I'm not sure what I'll do with it.

Spring break starts tomorrow! We are so excited to travel to Rexburg to see family. We haven't been since July, but everyone has been very cautious and all of the adults have been at least partially vaccinated. I really hope things work in our favor for a tentative NC trip in July/August. So far, none of my family members are fully vaccinated. It's just harder to get appointments when you live in a more populated area. I can't wait for this stupid pandemic to be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment