Thursday, April 29, 2021

Break, DnD, Dinner, Nash, Picnic Table

Saturday morning, James took a load of stuff to the dump and took all the kids to give me a break. It's been a while since they did that for me, and I loved it. I read a book and got some cooking done without any little kids fighting next to me.

DnD was really long on Saturday night. By 11, I was ready to go bed, but Devin (the DM) kept going till 12:30. Somehow, James and I got everyone ready in time for church in person. It was a miracle! Samantha kept her mask on the whole time but was really loud during the Sacrament. Oops. She's out of practice. Next Sunday, we start going for almost 2 hours again. I'm really excited to teach my next RS lesson in person.

We ate dinner with the Boyles on Sunday night. It was really nice. The smoked brisket (bought by us, cooked by Devin) turned out amazing, and we had a good time.

Nash stopped by on Monday on his way back to NC. We had planned to meet up a few weeks ago, but it didn't work out. We had a really good visit and lunch. He even brought me some Marmite to taste. I think it's yummy on buttered toast.

James surprised me with a picnic table! We'd been looking at them a month ago but didn't get one till yesterday. James sanded it down after our date, and I spent 3 hours staining it. It made for a stressful morning, but it's done now. I can't wait to put it on the patio when it's dry.


No comments:

Post a Comment