Thursday, April 22, 2021

Meh, Sucesses, Vax, Refi

A lot of last week felt like a big slump. I can't even remember why, but it seems like a lot of small things were either especially annoying or just didn't work out. It extended into this week as well, but things got better starting on Tuesday. Sunday was the worst because Lewis threw up, and I assumed that everyone else would get sick too. That didn't happen, but Katie and I both freaked out for a while on Sunday night. Her class is hatching baby chicks at school, and she was sure she was going to get sick and miss it.

We had a lot going on this week, but it worked out pretty well. I managed to get all the picky little things done on my list, like fixing Katie's bike, changing the oil in the lawnmower, and cleaning out the shed. I also finished my sewing projects  (like turning the queen memory quilt into a king) and put my machines away for awhile. I like to do sewing projects in chunks, and it seems like a good time to take a break since I'm out of fabric and want to focus on cooking right now.

Two days from now, I will be considered fully vaccinated. I don't know what I'm going to do differently. I'll probably still be at home most of the time and wear a mask in public places till the pandemic is actually over (whatever that means).

We started an application to refinance our house (so we can pay off the mortgage sooner). I'm really happy about that. Hopefully, the process won't take too long. The actual application process was terrible because I had to hunt down a whole bunch of documents, but I got through it. I like that everything is through email. I hate talking to people on the phone. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment