Thursday, April 15, 2021

Shot, Food Storage Bed, Other Projects

I got my second shot Friday morning, and I felt fine for about 3 hours. That gave me enough time to put away all the groceries, fold the laundry, and eat lunch before I crashed. I was really tired and my arm hurt for the rest of the day. Saturday was less intense, but I ended up taking a few doses of ibuprofen to help get me through. By Sunday morning, I felt completely normal. April 24th, I'll be fully vaccinated. (Yay!)

Saturday, James bought a new mattress and bedding set. We upgraded to a king size hybrid (springs and memory foam) since memory foam on its own is too soft. I took apart the old bed, cleaned the room, and washed the new bedding. Too bad the food storage didn't arrive till Monday. We had to stick the mattress directly on the floor. That's okay, though because it gave me time to rest. I finished putting the bed together on Monday with a layer of food storage, the bed skirt, and then everything else. It looks nice and is pretty comfortable so far.

I'm almost finished with the fabric I got for Christmas. I have everything cut out for about 15 small projects. Then, I'm going to make my memory quilt bigger (which is easy since it's rag style) so it fits on the king bed. I've determined that I need to simplify my collection of patterns, but I'll wait to do that when I'm done with all the little projects. I don't like sewing doll stuff quite as much as I used to, and I've determined that I don't ever want to sew lots of human clothes outside of pajama pants. It just doesn't make sense to stress out about making complicated things that aren't cheaper and might not fit.

James got the regular tires put on the car yesterday. Both cars need some maintenance stuff since they're old, especially since we plan on driving to NC later this year. I hate having to set all that up, but it'll be nice (and reassuring) when it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment