Friday, April 9, 2021

Spring Break, Rexburg

We had a really good time in Rexburg. The kids and James finished up school on Friday before we left at 1:15. We made pretty good time and got there by 8:30, but no one went to bed early. Being in the car with all the kids is tough. Samantha got carsick and threw up, so that was no fun either.

Saturday, we watched Conference, dyed eggs, and did an egg hunt. Everyone had a lot of fun, and the kids got to see their cousins for the first time since July (the last time we went there).

Sunday, we watched Conference again and had a delicious Easter dinner. Afterward, we went to the Lees' for dessert: strawberry shortcake. It was a little cold outside, but it was really nice to hang out.

Monday, we visited the Head grandparents in Victor and ate lunch. It was too cold to go kayaking or plant trees. We celebrated Kenny's 9th birthday when we got back. I made molten lava cakes and he opened presents, which included more Minecraft Legos, of course.

I had a busy day Tuesday thanks to laundry, bills, and shopping for my grocery pickup order. My brother Lars and his girlfriend Emily came over to shoot the BB guns in the yard. I made some hot chocolate while everyone else played airsoft (not my thing). It was really great to meet Emily. Both Lars and Emily leave for missions in May. James and I went to Sam and Jesse's house for a delicious, Middle Eastern dinner and a grand tour (in person). It was really fun to hang out while all the kids were at Grandma and Grandpa's house.

Wednesday, I went shopping with Melodie, Anna, and Jesse. We went to D.I., Goodwill, and Big Deal, a salvage store. I got treasure at all of them with some birthday money to spare. We met Grandma Lee for lunch at Jaker's. I loved my Thai noodle salad. Meanwhile, the kids all went to play at Sam and Jesse's house with their cousins. We celebrated Anna's graduation with a steak dinner and coconut cake that I made. (So yummy!) Aunt Ruth and Uncle Corey came over as well.

We arrived safely home (with no throwing up thanks to medication) at 4:30 yesterday. One stop at the Hill Aerospace Museum didn't take up too much time, thankfully, and the kids really enjoyed it. It was stressful to unpack, but watching some of Anna's graduation and then TV helped me feel a bit more calm.

Our trip was made possible by vaccines. Almost all the adults are fully vaccinated, and those who aren't have had at least 1 shot. I get my second one today! I'm glad I woke up early so I could plan my Relief Society lesson and catch up on this blog. I have a lot to do around the house, but I'm sure I'll get it done eventually. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment