Thursday, May 6, 2021

Head Visit, Phone Calls, Projects, a Cold

We had a good time with James's family. Melodie and I watched Women's Conference on Friday as I got my daily chores done. We got pizza that night for dinner.

The kids went swimming the next morning at the hotel. I stayed here with Samantha so I could have some peace and quiet. Sometimes, it's nice to clean the kitchen when it's quiet. After grilled hotdogs for lunch, everyone left to go home. We sat at the new picnic table that James sanded and I stained. It looks pretty nice.

James and I worked on getting our sprinklers set up for the yard. Things were leaking, but the water company assured us that the stop and waste valve just wasn't on all the way. After they adjusted it, there was no more leaking! I was worried that we'd have to get something expensive fixed.

Aside from calling them on Monday, I also had to call the power company to fix a broken box by our house, the dentist to schedule appointments for everyone, and a couple of appliance repair places to see who can fix my oven. (It heats extremely slowly, so it's probably the igniter. The stove needs a new one as well.) I haven't gotten a quote back from one guy yet, so I'll probably have to call tomorrow.

We're working on putting in the new air conditioner in the cabin. So far, it's in place, caulked, and painted inside and out. We'll do the trim tomorrow or Saturday. Yay! That spot of the wall has been a huge eyesore all these months.

I also made a little footstool out of the last of the straight furring strips. It was a bit harder than I expected, but it looks decently good after staining it today.

Somehow, we've made it though despite having a cold. I don't feel terrible, just some sneezing and brain fog. The boys are home from school today, but I think we'll all be okay by Sunday for sure.

I hope our loan gets finished soon for the refinance on the house. It'll be 3 weeks tomorrow, but I know they're really busy. Once it's done, it will be one less thing hanging over my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment