Thursday, May 27, 2021

Party and DnD, First Date, Last Week of School

The kids' friends invited them to a birthday party on Friday, so we skipped Samantha's nap to go. It was really fun. Lewis loved the magic show, and they all got their faces painted and decorated cookies. At dinner, we went to Devin's for smoked pizza and DnD. I took the kids home and got them in bed by 10. They were SO grouchy by then.

Saturday was a big deal. James and I went out to eat in a restaurant!!! We had the place to ourselves, and it was really nice to eat things off nice plates instead of Styrofoam containers. The kids were at Devin's house after a morning of successful yard saling together and a trip to the park. We hosted a small game night. Only 2 people came, so we played 7 Wonders.

We hunted for fossils for FHE on Monday, and I found a really good one. I should probably re-find my enthusiasm for the outdoors, but being pregnant or having to carry a little baby made things difficult for many years. Then there was last year with my surgery, which got me out of the habit of doing much "active" stuff.

Today is the LAST day of school for the kids. James has his last day tomorrow. I bought fun cereals for everyone to eat this morning. I should've just had toast. I'm too old for a big bowl of sugary cereal.

I'm so grateful that the kids had school in person all year long, and with masks. Joseph and Kenny missed quite a few days from 2 different colds and 1 stomach bug, but no one got any serious illnesses.

We leave for Rexburg on Saturday and will be gone for 9 days total. I really hope it's a good trip. Sometimes, our days feel overplanned when we get there, and I never like the driving part. I love my children, but they are not fun travel companions. One of these days, I'm going to take another trip by myself. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment