Thursday, June 3, 2021

Rexburg

We left last Saturday morning to come to Rexburg. It's been a very eventful trip so far! Thankfully, the drive went very smoothly, and we had a fun stop at Del Taco and Smith and Edwards. That night, we unpacked everything. I briefly went to a wedding reception just to get out of the house for a bit.

Sunday, we made it to church with clean children. We had biscuits and gravy, plus chocolate PB cheesecake to celebrate Joseph's 11th birthday. He was really excited to get Mario Kart, the main present he asked for.

Monday, we went to Charlotte's baptism. There was a luncheon afterward at the Kugaths' house. We then went over to Sam and Jesse's to help with the chicken coop and hang out. We then had s'mores at the Lees' house.

Tuesday, I had a rough morning. I just wanted some scrambled eggs, but they stuck really badly to the pan. I also burned 6 pieces of toast. I blame the equipment. Crappy old cast iron pans and broken toasters don't make for a delicious breakfast. I also hate cooking in someone else's kitchen. I ran a few errands with James, including D.I., and we stopped for lunch at the Red Rabbit Grill. (We had a gift card from before the pandemic that we used up.) Meanwhile, Grandma and Anna and Joseph took our kids to Bear World. I think they had a great time. After dinner, we relaxed and watched Jurassic Park.

Wednesday, we went to Victor to plant trees, eat lunch with Grandma and Grandpa, and go kayaking. On the way back, we stopped by to see Anna's school in St. Anthony. We had pizza for dinner and then went to Millhollow and the Spori art gallery with Sam and Jesse.

Today, I've been packing up our stuff to go to the Head reunion. I made some peanut butter cookies to take to Grandpa since they're his favorite.

It's really hot today, and it's been so busy that I'm completely drained and just want to go home. Sure, I like people, but it's been almost nonstop the past few days already. Getting to read for 30 minutes here and there isn't enough, especially when my sleep schedule has been messed up. I'm sure the reunion will be fun, but I can't wait to go home on Sunday!

Great news about our refi: we just locked in our rate at 2.375%! The rate has dropped .375% since we filled out the application. It doesn't sound like much, but it makes a difference of over $100 on the mortgage payment. Our payment will go up by maybe $30. I think we'll get to sign everything next week. I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment