Thursday, March 4, 2021

Game Night, Spring, Shelf, Class

We hosted a game night on Saturday. James is lucky that all his coworkers are vaccinated now, so I got to benefit from herd immunity. We had 5 people come, so we played Secret Hitler and ate snacks. It almost felt like normal life. I wasn't so happy when James went to lunch with some coworkers on Monday. I haven't eaten in a restaurant in a year, and I thought he'd go with me first. I'm sick of doing dates at home. It's just not the same. By the time we go out again, Joseph will be old enough to babysit.

I'm so excited for the beginning of spring. I'd normally think of it as not starting till the equinox, but the weather says otherwise. I read an article recently that says meteorological spring does start on March 1st. I'll take it. The cows are back, so it must be true. Of course it snowed today, but it's almost completely melted already.

James and I built a shelf for our board games in the cabin, which means some more organizing to do today. It took longer to do and was more annoying than expected, so we didn't finish cleaning everything up. The old shelf/desk will going in the girls' room to hopefully give Katie a safe place for her art stuff. If I have to clean up markers one more time, I'm going to scream. I did clean up her room since the little kids trashed it again.

I'm starting a 4-part Zoom class today about exceptional students. It's free and was offered to me because of Joseph being in the gifted program. I'm excited to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment