Thursday, September 16, 2021

Reflux, Normal Life

Since the beginning of September, I've been dealing with a lot of acid reflux. I've probably mentioned before that it's a been a plague on my life since childhood, and I'm pretty sure Kenny has inherited that from me. (Poor kid.) I don't know why it suddenly got worse, but it got to a point where my throat was so sore and dry, it was almost unbearable. I took the maximum dosage of a couple of different medications until I felt better (OTC stuff I've taken before), and I'm down to 1 a day for nighttime, which I hope I can quit in a few weeks. I've also made some changes to my eating (more fruits, veggies, etc. and not eating after dinner) so I can wake up feeling good and not with a scratchy throat. Despite the fact that the world is ending, I still need to manage this annoying health condition. Taking care of the reflux will also help me be healthier overall, which is something I've struggled with during the pandemic. Honestly, I still blame myself a lot for not doing a better job, but I'm doing the best I can, and that looks different at different points in my life.

Things have gone much better this week with all of the kids. Lewis and Samantha haven't destroyed anything (knock on wood) and are doing better at sitting still during story time at the library. Katie has eaten all of her meals and hasn't complained about her bed being poison. (I did have to stick my face in the shower water once so she'd take one, but I'm willing to do a small thing like that as long as I don't have to do it every time.) I've even had a little time to read. We're going to Comicon in Salt Lake tomorrow! I hope it seems like a short drive after the very long days we spent on the way to and back from NC.

No comments:

Post a Comment