Thursday, September 2, 2021

Fixed, Samantha's 3rd Birthday, Routine, New Hobby?

Nash came Saturday night for a few hours and fixed my washing machine. I'm so excited! Going to the laundromat is both inconvenient and expensive. We cooked some steak for him as a thank you. He left right as people showed up for DnD, so it worked out.

We celebrated Samantha's birthday on Sunday because I really wanted some cake. I made a white cake with strawberry ermine frosting, and it turned out really yummy. She was really excited about opening her presents. Now that she's officially 3 (as of Tuesday), I got out the little potty in hopes that she'd want to use it. So far, she only used it once and then decided she didn't want to. Oh well. I'm not really in a rush. I'm hoping that she will be trained by Christmas, and that's still a few months away.

Now that school has been in session for a week, I think I'm getting used to getting up early. So far, there have only been a few small meltdowns and one toy flushed down the toilet. (I think I resolved it with a snake, but I'm not completely sure. Time will tell.) Lewis has been doing really well with his preschool on the computer, and he eventually calmed down for story time at the library yesterday. I'm hoping to go every week with Samantha and him and that he'll learned to follow directions from someone other than me. He struggles sometimes.

I've started fixing up our bikes. I replaced 2 innertubes, removed some broken brakes, and possibly fixed the back brakes on another bike. I don't know if this is a hobby that will stick, but I feel pretty good about what I've done so far. It's been frustrating to figure things out so far, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. We found a little bike for Lewis at D.I. My goal is to teach him to ride next summer, but we could start sooner if we wanted to.

I'm excited for Labor Day weekend. I have a few projects to do that involve deep cleaning and organization. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment