Thursday, September 23, 2021

Comicon, Hunt, Heads Visit

It's been a really busy week. Friday, we went to Comicon and back. The older 3 did great, but the younger 2 were harder to handle and got tired and bored more quickly. I slept very poorly the night before, so it made my day more difficult than it should have been. However, we had a great time, took lots of pictures, and even met up with Uncle Joseph.

Saturday, James got up early to go hunting with his friend Devin. They both shot pronghorns by afternoon and gutted them. They did the butchering at Devin's house with a short break to take both of the girls to Homecoming. It was Katie's 6th year and Samantha's 1st.

Monday, we worked on processing the meat, mostly trimming the silver skin and dividing it into more manageable pieces. I made a batch of jerky. We even had time for a lunch date to get Chinese with the little kids.

Tuesday night, the Heads arrived. James cooked up some of the pronghorn, and it's SO GOOD! I worked with Rex all day on Wednesday and half of today. Though the job wasn't especially hard (taking vitals and checking people in for disability exams), I'm still behind on things at home. I'd made dinner for last night the day before, but I'm definitely not making anything today. I'm way too tired. I'm definitely not ready to go work outside my home, even for short periods of time.

Katie had her baptism interview last night and was exceptionally silly. She will get baptized on December 4th.

This weekend, we should be able to to get some small projects done. I don't want to do much of anything or go anywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment