Thursday, September 30, 2021

Carpet Cleaning, Sickness

Friday night and Saturday, I worked on cleaning the carpets in the main room. I did half at a time, and it took about 1 1/2 hours for each half. I also cleaned the chair that was looking pretty gross. Everything looks and feels a lot better now. It's a pretty intense job. By the time I cleaned and rinsed everything, I went over every section about 12 times.

I sewed a ghillie suit for James during the afternoon. It ended up taking a ton of time and being really frustrating, but he's happy with the result. At that point, I was mentally exhausted and wanted nothing to do with people, but I had a fun time playing 7 Wonders with some teacher friends.

Sunday morning, Lewis threw up, so James stayed home with him and Samantha. After my evening class, Samantha threw up. Thankfully, no one has thrown up since then. Joseph, Kenny, and Katie have missed some days of school for scratchy throats, and I had a headache for a few days, but it was nothing serious. We masked up to go get our flu shots on Tuesday, and everyone did really well. Only Samantha cried, and it was just for a second.

James and I switched our date to last night (movie at home and Snickers ice cream bars) so the kids can go to the carnival today. Well, except for Kenny and me. We will stay home and get dinner ready. Kenny still has a cough and has stayed home all week, but I'm hoping he'll be back on Monday. Everyone else is completely fine. I'm still really looking forward to when the kids can get their Covid shots. I hear Halloween. Lewis won't be eligible till February when he turns 5, and who knows about 3-year-olds. The pandemic has dragged on long enough. I'm SO ready for this headache to be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment