Thursday, January 20, 2022

Long Weekend, Omicron

The long weekend wasn't too bad. I especially appreciated being able to sleep in an extra day. On Saturday and Monday, James went "into the wild" to take some pictures. After he got back on Monday, we went out to lunch. The older kids and I went shopping for various things like Valentines, junk food (from their own money they've earned), birthdays presents for some friends, and ice cream to eat with the leftover fudge sauce for FHE. It ended up being a nice, relaxing day.

I'm mostly finished with the denim quilt. I just need grosgrain ribbon to do the ties, so I have maybe another hour of work on it. I also finished Lewis's Avengers shorts for his birthday.

My Google Photos was a mess, so I cleaned that up and saved a ton of storage space. Our computer's lock screen does a screensaver with all the pictures on it, and it's fun to see stuff from many years ago.

Despite doing some good projects, I feel like I'm in a bit of a rut. I'm not really sure what I need right now. I just found out today that James's grandpa has some kind of cancer (they need more info about what kind). His grandma already has pretty severe dementia, so this news makes my heart hurt even more. I think I'm starting to realize why Grandma Phenix worked on family history so much. She lost both of her parents within 16 days of each other, and my dad says she never got over that. It's true, though. You never really "get over" losing a loved one. Doing family history helps me feel connected to those I've lost.

I'm definitely worried about Omicron. Supposedly it feels like a cold, but I don't know how it would affect the grandparents if they get it. Our school district here has decided to do absolutely nothing about it. It's not that I loved doing school at home, but they've said they will "reconsider their plan" if too many teachers end up getting sick and there aren't enough subs to fill in. All they took away was Friday in-person school, and my elementary kids loved going to that. The whole thing is stupid. I hate this pandemic.

No comments:

Post a Comment