Thursday, January 27, 2022

Still January

James and I went to the temple last Thursday for our date. I was nervous at first, but I had a really good experience. It was a good reminder of why I do what I do.

The year started off so nicely, but I'm tired of it already. James and I played DnD twice last weekend, just for the heck of it. It was pretty fun, and I even managed to stay awake for it.

A couple of kids were complaining about stomachaches on Sunday, so we did church from home. (I'll be really sad if they ever get rid of that option.) I'm not sure, but maybe we had a mild stomach bug? Whatever it was, it was gone by Monday, so everyone went to school like normal.

I felt that I shouldn't go to yoga this week, and I'm not sure why. I had parent-teacher conferences that day, but I only visited 2 of Joseph's teachers and had plenty of time. I ended up feeling pretty anxious, so I baked some double chocolate chip cookies. That crummy feeling lasted through Wednesday, but I spent some time writing in my paper journal, watching Good Eats, and snuggling with the little kids. We didn't go to the library, but we didn't really need to. (Also, story time is okay, but I don't feel like I NEED to be there every week.)

I finished a big project this week: scanning, organizing, and uploading all of James's mission pics. He lost an SD card or 2, so there were no digital copies of many of the photos. I made a folder for each transfer and even tagged the faces on Google Photos. It was really fun to look back and see how he spent that 2 years of his life. Yes, I was a part of it, but I wasn't there with him. I'm so glad that waiting part is over. It was really hard to live without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment