Thursday, February 3, 2022

Directory, Staycation, New Babies, Lewis's 5th Birthday

I got a call from my grandparents last Friday. They asked me to put together a directory of all their descendants. I have 19 cousins and have heard from 8 of them, so I'm going to have to bug some people to respond. Thankfully, I have my family's section done, so really, it's a little more than halfway done already.

We did a staycation with the kids starting on Friday, and it was really fun. We started off by going to the dinosaur museum, then got dinner at Wendy's. When we got home, we watched AFV. I played a couple of games with the older kids until 8:30 when I sent them to bed.

Saturday, we enjoyed a hearty breakfast of grits, eggs, and sausage. We then went to the bowling alley and played a game, plus did some games at the arcade. A former student gave us a free pizza. We also got giant ice creams (that were supposed to be small cones, haha), so we didn't need lunch once we got home. I made sugar cookies with pink frosting with the girls while the boys played video games in the cabin. We enjoyed a dinner of sandwiches on fancy rolls with little bags of chips. Our day finished with Spiderman 3 and movie theater candy boxes that I got for each person. I played some card games with the older kids and let them stay up till 8:30 again. It wasn't the same as going to SLC, but we had a good time.

Myles and Skyla had a baby on Sunday morning! Wade Nelson Phenix is our first nephew. So far, he looks pretty peaceful and is always asleep. I think he looks like Myles, but who really knows at this point?

Sam and Jesse had their 4th girl on Wednesday, so Therese/a Marie Head shares a birthday with Lewis. She has the most adorable chubby cheeks.

Lewis is 5! He really wanted to open his presents at breakfast, so we let him. He insisted on wearing his new Spiderman shirt and Avengers shorts (that I made for him) even though it's 20 degrees outside. We had homemade McMuffins and coconut tres leches cake, plus ice cream, for dessert. He's already put together his Lego sets and loved his new book from Grandma as well. I can't believe he's old enough to go to school in the fall, but he's really excelled at preschool and is ready.

As for me, I'm hanging in there. I still feel grumpy in the mornings, but I suspect that will right itself in about a month when we start Daylight Saving Time again and the snow really starts melting.


No comments:

Post a Comment