Thursday, February 10, 2022

Ice Fishing, Book Swap, Extra Kids, Ancestry

Joseph and James went ice fishing Saturday morning with the young men. They didn't have any luck, which was too bad. I love fish. 

I was invited to a book swap party on Saturday night. It was super fun (Southern theme), and I came home with a book that looks really interesting. I haven't really read anything for a while, and it's made me feel a little grouchy. I always need a book and a project!

The kids' friends Ember and Ishmael came over on Tuesday after school and have been staying with us since then. Their mom had to go to WV for a couple of days and will be back on Friday around dinnertime. I definitely stressed about it a lot last week, but things are going just fine so far. They are great kids. The only "trouble" so far is getting everyone to go to sleep, but last night was better than the night before. Everyone has been getting along really well too. Tomorrow will be the biggest challenge because everyone does school at home, but we'll make it.

I'd gotten James a DNA test for Christmas, and we finally got the results. Among other things, he's 52% Swedish and Danish. I've never really looked at Ancestry much since I always have a lot to do on FamilySearch, but I think it deserves another look. I just barely realized that the hints are helpful and easy to use. Hopefully, I'll be able to get the information from Ancestry to FamilySearch without too much of a hassle. I love family history. It's my second oldest hobby aside from cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment