Thursday, February 24, 2022

Glasses, Heads Visit, A Little Sick, Snow

I took Kenny and Katie to the eye doctor on Friday and found out that they both need glasses. Kenny is nearsighted, but Katie is farsighted. Because of the extra effort to focus on things up close, things far away would look more blurry for Katie. (Both she and Kenny have complained about not being able to see the board at school.) I ordered their glasses on Zenni and got them 2 pairs each, one for school and one for home.

James's parents, Anna, and Joseph arrived on Saturday afternoon. We had a fun time hanging out with them. I made both Saturday and Sunday's meats in the sous vide, and they turned out great (chicken tacos, fish and grits). Meat is so much better when it's not overcooked! I subbed for Primary music on Sunday, and I think it went well.

Monday and Tuesday, I worked with Rex. That went pretty well too. I read a whole book already this week and watched the movie. I was really tired when I got home on Tuesday, but I thought it was just from working a lot. By Tuesday night, I had a sore throat. Oddly enough, it's gone already. (I tested negative for Covid, btw.) Joseph stayed home yesterday, and he and Katie are both home today. I'm still feeling kind of tired, but as far as colds go, this one is really mild with no real respiratory symptoms.

Monday through Wednesday, we got 2 snowstorms and a foot of snow. I'm not sure how to feel about it. It's February, and the snow we already had wasn't all melted. I usually think of Valentine's Day as the "turning point" of winter where the snow starts going away, but it's going to take a lot longer now. The kids have had lots of fun playing in it, and it looks a lot better than the dead grass. Also, though it's really cold for a few days, the sun is out, which makes the snow look like glitter. I can handle that.


No comments:

Post a Comment