Thursday, January 13, 2022

Projects, James's Birthday

I finished a rag T-shirt quilt for Joseph for the summer. I think it turned out pretty cute, and it's thin enough to be comfortable. Many of the shirts used to be his. I think it will be perfect to give him for his birthday.

When we got back from Christmas break, half of our vents weren't working well. James went down in the crawlspace and found a hole that a cat had torn in the ductwork, so he repaired it. It turns out that it's a lot easier to get up in the morning when it's not 57 degrees in my room.

I stressed a lot about James's birthday yesterday. It started when the ice cream roll cake failed because I wasn't liberal enough with the powdered sugar. I had to scrape it off the dish towel and broke it into pieces to mix with the ice cream. It tastes fine but it one of the ugliest cakes I've ever made. I got James a picture organizer, which was a pain to install, and I was worried that the pictures wouldn't show up to Walmart in time. Thankfully, they did, so I had it ready when he got home from school. I made him an omelet for breakfast and a sous vide London broil (plus sides) for dinner. Everything was delicious. It's weird that he's 34.

We took the G6 to the shop to fix the problem of it pulling to one side while braking. It's not the alignment, but I can't remember the name of the part. Naturally, I started imagining that the other car was making weird noises. It's not. I'm a lot less stressed today, thankfully. My mom is going home tonight from the hospital. She had surgery back on Dec. 21st and has been in the hospital for the last week for an infection.

Overall, I think this has been one of my best Januarys. I have a denim quilt to make, then a little Avengers fabric that I'll use to make shorts for Lewis's birthday. I just finished reading the books I got for Christmas, and I really enjoyed them. Despite my stress about broken stuff, I've found the month to be pretty relaxing so far, and I'm grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment