Thursday, January 6, 2022

New Year's, Konmari, Priesthood

It's amazing the difference my own bed can make. All during Christmas break in Rexburg, I slept poorly and had a stiff back (or lots of tailbone pain). After 2 nights in my own bed, I felt completely normal again and even woke up happy because of the sunshine! The weather in Rexburg was pretty horrible the whole time: windy, snowy, and cloudy. Since being back in Vernal, we've had more snow, but lots of sunshine as well. It really makes a difference in how I feel. I need that sunshine since it's only there for a few hours a day.

Though Friday wasn't the most fun day (catch up, chores, etc.), we had a really fun New Year's Eve. We had sub sandwiches, Chex mix, and homemade eggnog. We finished off our Harry Potter marathon with the last movie, then played some board games until midnight. I actually made it to midnight this time since I'd taken medication for a headache that has caffeine in it. We enjoyed a little sparkling cider and then went to bed.

Saturday was a great day. Not only did I manage to wake up happy, our chores took less time than expected. James went off to play a really long board game with a friend, so the kids and I took down Christmas and deep cleaned the living room. (Does it look like it now? Not really. Ugh.) I watched the Harry Potter special, they played video games, and then we enjoyed our traditional New Year's meal of black-eyed peas, ham, rice, and corn muffins. James even got home in time to join us.

It was really hard to get up early this week, but we're adjusting. I've cleaned out my house again, thanks to the Konmari method. In the process, I've gathered enough fabric from old clothes to make Joseph a T-shirt rag quilt and another guest denim quilt. I've also made a list of a few things that need repairing. Though I don't get rid of a huge volume of stuff, it makes a difference in how I feel. During the process, I always find a few areas that need reorganizing.

Joseph received the Priesthood on Sunday. I can't believe he's that old. He went to his first Young Men activity last night and got a temple recommend. I hope we can go do baptisms really soon.

I haven't come up with all my goals for the new year. I only have 2 so far: to floss every day and to read the entire Come Follow Me manual along with reading the scriptures, even on the weeks I'm teaching Relief Society. I'm sure I'll be able to think of a few more.

No comments:

Post a Comment