Thursday, November 3, 2022

Halloween, The Cold

Last Thursday, Katie and I went to see Anastasia. Though the ending was a little underwhelming, I enjoyed the music and I think Katie did too.

We felt well enough last Saturday to go to the Jensen Pumpkin festival. By the next morning, different people were feeling sick, so we did church from home.

People were too sick on Halloween, so I bought a couple small bags of our favorites (Twix, Take 5, Snickers) and we watched Goosebumps. It was a bummer to miss the trunk or treat, but it ended up being okay. The candy is gone now, and I'm relieved. I also cooked the non-carved pumpkins (a pie pumpkin and the tiny ones) to make into muffins.

I found out on Tuesday that I'm getting a new calling. I'm really nervous about it. More details will come when it's official. Because I'll need time to adjust, we've decided to do Thanksgiving at our house instead of going to Rexburg. I'm really bummed because that means I do ALL of the cooking and we don't get to see family. :( It's nice that we got to go twice in October, though.

Joseph went back to school this week, but Katie missed 2 days, Lewis 3, and Kenny 4. I just want this stupid cold to be GONE. The cough lingers what feels like forever. James and I have both been tired and had scratchy throats, but that's about it.

The weather has been pretty crummy this week too. Currently, it's snowing, but it will probably melt by tomorrow. It's just been so cloudy and gloomy the past few days, and it doesn't look like we'll have a sunny day in the next week. Between the weather, the sickness, and the stress of my new calling, I feel pretty gloomy myself. It's going to be okay, though. I'm not one of those people who does Christmas things before Thanksgiving, but I know I need something to look forward to in Novembers (and Januarys.) The time change coming this week will also be a challenge, but I'm determined to make a fun tradition that will help me get through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment