Thursday, November 24, 2022

Primary Presidency, Joseph and Anna's Visit

We played DnD for the first time in a while on Friday night. Samantha gave us all shirts for Christmas, and they are so funny and cute. I especially love the one that says, "Couples who slay together stay together."

Sunday, I was called to be the Primary president of my ward. I've had a few weeks to get used to the idea, but I'm still pretty nervous about it all. My counselors are Barbara Hall and Taylor Murray, and my secretary is Mikaila Bankston. We sat in the back of Primary to observe and talked to the presidency afterward. We got set apart at 3. I have the keys, a general idea of what to do, and several checklists. We have a presidency meeting and a meeting with the stake primary presidency next week. Until then, I'm trying to breathe slowly and get some rest over Thanksgiving. Since we're doing it here, I'm hoping to have the kids and James help with the cooking. I'll consider it a success if I get to read every day and play Pandemic: Legacy with James a couple times. (It's my current favorite board game!)

Joseph and Anna arrived Saturday around 5:30 and left Wednesday morning. We had lots of fun making and eating goodies, watching movies, and playing board games. We also did a little shopping at Dollar Tree, Ross, TJ Maxx, D.I., and the other thrift store. I know I said I wouldn't shop yet, but I still haven't done very much. I'll wait till after Thanksgiving to order a bunch of stuff on Amazon (using credit card rewards!) and get the best deals possible.

Wednesday, I made pies in the morning. James and I went out for some lunch and then played our game. After dinner, we relaxed with the kids. Once they went to bed, we played our game again. It was a fun and relaxing day, but I had a hard time sleeping because I kept thinking about Primary stuff. Nothing is going to fall apart if I wait until next week, and all my questions and worries about what to do will be answered when I go to the training and meet with my presidency. No one's going to yell at me for not knowing what to do right now. I keep telling myself all these things, but I'm still pretty stressed out.

Today is Thanksgiving. I'm excited for our lineup of food.
turkey
mashed potatoes
gravy
stuffing (though actually dressing)
green beans (fancy like Rex's)
cranberry sauce
Snickers apple salad (if you can call it that)
rolls
cranberry-apple pie
pumpkin pie

I have an hour before I start cooking, so I'll try to relax and read. I'm on the 3rd part of LotR.


No comments:

Post a Comment