Thursday, December 1, 2022

Thanksgiving, More Illness, Stress

Thanksgiving was all right. I didn't end up with a lot of stress from the cooking. I'd written everything down beforehand so I knew when it would be ready. The turkey cooked faster than expected, so we sat down to eat by 12:30. Nash came, but he was late, so he reheated his.

Within 24 hours, Joseph, Katie, and Lewis threw up. Joseph was feeling really awful on Friday, so I had James take him to urgent care. He tested negative for the flu (and Covid, done at home), so I guess it was just some virus. That altered our plans to hang out at Holly Days all together with the Boyles. Instead, James and I went around dinnertime to look around. He took the younger kids to the parade and fireworks while the boys and I watched LotR. I had my turkey pot pie as well, so it wasn't a totally horrible day.

Saturday, James and I did a date where we took pictures with as many dinosaurs as possible in 20 minutes. We got 10, about 1/3 of the ones in town. It was silly but helped me feel better about life. Samantha and her parents came over to play games and eat snacks. The Clue Escape Room game was pretty fun.

Sunday was crazy. I had my first ward council meeting, then a Primary to lead/staff since almost no one showed up and couldn't find subs. We had no pianist or chorister and only 3 teachers. We made it work by doing only 2 classes. I played the piano, and Kaila led the music. It wasn't horrible, but it was honestly the very worst Sunday of the year for finding people and a little overwhelming.

Tuesday, I had my first presidency meeting. It lasted 2 hours since we had a lot to talk about. I assigned out lots of things. My main assignment right now is doing the Christmas presents for the kids. It's stressful. I want to order the Friend for 30ish households, but that will take forever if I have to do it online and have to check out that many times. It won't let me order them all at once and send them to different houses. I've emailed Distribution, so I hope they can help me make this easier.

I lost my church keys. I was supposed to let the activities leaders in early, but I couldn't find the keys anywhere. Still can't.

James stayed home sick today since he had a fever last night. I don't know what it is, but I haven't had more than just a minor sniffle. I suppose it's a blessing for doing my best at this new calling that I still find super stressful. Thankfully, we're meeting with the stake tomorrow night. I really hope they can answer all my questions!

If I have a choice for when they call the next Primary, I'm going to have it be in a February. December has the longest to-do list by 5x or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment