Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Getting Better

Well, I got the cold too, but it's not anything worse than that, so I wore a mask to my meeting with the Stake Primary and to church on Sunday. I'm feeling MUCH better today after a few sleepless nights due to coughing. I'm really hoping to catch up on sleep tonight because 5 hours just isn't enough!

I feel much better about everything. I spent Saturday morning completely redoing the binder for Primary. I retyped everything that needed updating or assigned it to my counselors. I have to wait till the new year for new class lists, but I have most of the other stuff figured out. I bought the Friend magazines (with no help from Distribution) and sent little notes to all the families. For those who don't want one or didn't get back to me, I'm going to get some cute gloves and print a quote to go with them. I'll finish that by Saturday.

We really enjoyed watching the Christmas Devotional on Sunday and eating Muddy Buddies. It's one of my favorite Christmas traditions.

We got a lot of snow this week, so the kids built a giant snowman with James. I supplied the carrot and took the picture since I still wasn't feeling amazing.

I've decided to scale back on Christmas a bit. Primary has consumed my life for the time being, and having sick people in the house since October hasn't helped my energy level or mood. I've really missed being able to SING! It's not the same to passively listen to Christmas music. I'm planning on doing half as many neighbor gifts (probably just my presidency, ministering people, and DND group) and no Christmas cards. I'm just not in the mood. :) I finished a book yesterday after working on it for 2 weeks, and it felt amazing. I need more of that in my life right now.

It's Wednesday, but I'm going to finish this today since I'll be busy. Joseph and James have a temple trip in the morning, I'll be going to the church at 1 to clean out the cabinet with my presidency, and we have a ward party at 6:30. I'm taking a buckeye pie for the dessert contest. I'm pretty excited about all of it. I think I'll even be able to sing since I've mostly stopped coughing. Crossing my fingers.

Speaking of church, someone found my keys! I was sitting in ward council when there was a knock on the door. A man from the other ward brought them in. I had to get a new fob and rings since they were smashed, but I have my keys back! It's a miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment