Thursday, December 15, 2022

Cabinet, Parties, Neighbor Gifts

It was actually pretty fun to clean out the Primary closet. Or cabinet. I'm not really sure which it is. We spent 2 hours on it and threw away 1/2 of the stuff in there: crummy old binders, pictures that no one will ever use again, grody old balloons that disintegrated when I touched them, etc. I have a box of stuff that I'm dropping off at D.I. today and a box full of the best binders to give to all the teachers and activities leaders. We found out that we have plenty of rings, too! The green ones were in several different places.

I brought home a huge stack of page protectors. The boys helped me sort through them and keep the best 50% of them. We still have about 600 of them, but now they're sorted and put into some of the crummy binders since they're slippery and don't stack well. I printed a whole bunch of papers for the binders and have a list for what I still need to print on January 1st.

Our ward party was Thursday night, and the Spanish ward had one on Friday night. Both were fun for different reasons and had excellent food. It was also nice not to have to cook. I had a hard time sleeping for a few days thanks to coughing and random insomnia, but I caught up by the weekend. I was even able to sing some of the Christmas songs without coughing. Honestly, that cold was strange. I had some days where the coughing was bad, but it was over in only a week, a huge blessing.

Saturday, I delivered the rest of the Christmas presents for Primary. It's so good to have that done.

Monday, we finished our Christmas shopping for white elephant gift exchanges, the angel tree, and a couple of presents the kids needed to get for each other. The rest of my Amazon stuff will come today or tomorrow. I forgot how stressful it is to be tracking so many things at once. We got a ton of snow on Monday day/night and a 2 hour delay on Tuesday. It was really nice to sleep in and have a big breakfast but extra hard to get up on Wednesday.

I made two batches of fudge, one plain and one with walnuts, to give away to a few friends and neighbors. I scaled things down a lot this year and only did 10 families (not 25-30). Kenny and Katie are going to help me deliver them today.

I'm cautiously excited about Christmas break. I shouldn't have any Primary stuff to worry about between the 22nd and 31st because there won't be any Primary at church, gifts will have been delivered, and I'll be out of town till the 29th. Everyone is currently healthy with very few lingering symptoms of cold #3. All the shopping is done, and I've even finished 2 books in the past week. Now, if I can just stay warm through the subzero temps and sane while I'm around a ton of family members...

No comments:

Post a Comment