Thursday, November 10, 2022

The Cough, No More Canning, Clouds

The annoying cold isn't gone yet. My sleep has been very poor due to coughing. James and I took turns coughing and snoring last night, so we both woke up feeling not so refreshed. The kids are doing somewhat better and have been going to school. I HATE BEING SICK. I still have tons of things I have to do, and to distract myself, I usually do some kind of project so I can forget about life, but that doesn't always mean better sleep.

I'm done canning for the season! I ended up making a lot this year thanks to the Binghams, my in-laws, and Devin. I've only kept what I can use in a year and given away the rest.

12 qts. applesauce
17 pts. salsa
10 qts. spaghetti sauce
5 qts. spaghetti sauce with meat
3 qts. pickled jalapenos
70 trays dried apples

The time change and cough were enough to bring me down, but it's also been cloudy, snowy, and windy a couple of days this week. I'm struggling to keep a positive attitude about life right now. Someone please send me some good sleep and healing!

No comments:

Post a Comment