Thursday, November 17, 2022

LotR, Loving Fall

Friday, I started my fall movie marathon with the boys. We watched the first half of The Fellowship of the Ring (extended version). I think they really like it so far. It will take us until mid-December to get through all the LotR movies. By then, I will definitely have finished the books. I'm currently working on The Two Towers while Joseph reads the The Fellowship of the Ring.

Saturday, James got down in the crawlspace and fixed the ductwork that cats ripped last winter. Crazy, but our heating works better now, especially in my room and bathroom.

The Primary program was on Sunday, and the kids did a great job. I also did my last Relief Society lesson since I get my new calling in a few days. I'm still pretty nervous but less shocked than I was originally.

It's been a good week. No one is sick anymore. I have almost all the ingredients I need for Thanksgiving, and I have a really yummy menu planned. What I'm most worried about right now is having enough fridge space. I guess we could always pull out the cooler if needed. It's too cold outside to be a fridge. We've got freezer weather right now.

I was dreading getting the winter tires put on the car, but it worked out really well. Samantha and Lewis were okay, and they only took 45 minutes to finish. During that time, I bought myself some thermal socks that I absolutely love.

Despite the illness, I've enjoyed November. I used to think that fall was just "pre-winter" and spent a lot of time hating it. In reality, September and October have beautiful weather. November is a bit cold, but the snow doesn't stick much yet. I've specifically avoided doing any Christmas shopping, decorating, or music because I don't feel like it's time yet. I want to wait till after Thanksgiving to start on that because it makes me feel rushed and stressed out. I feel like this fall has been a perfect mix of spooky celebrations and gratitude for the bountiful harvest my neighbors gave me. Canning and dehydrating were a lot of work, but they kept me busy for several weeks and got me more excited about doing my own Thanksgiving meal, which really is the culmination of all things fall.

The seasons really are beautiful. Maybe I'm weird for really wanting Thanksgiving and Christmas to be separate, but I like them both better that way.

Life is good. Bring on the feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment