Thursday, February 9, 2023

Baptism, Jury Duty, Heavy

Friday night, we went out to dinner and helped a friend who needed a new battery for her car. It was freezing, but I know she was really grateful.

James was gone all day on Saturday since his coworker who normally drives the girls' lacrosse team had a heart attack. I went to a baptism and ended up having a pretty good day.

This week has been a bit stressful. I had jury duty on Wednesday, so I had Joseph stay home from school to watch Samantha. I didn't get chosen for the jury, so I ran a few errands and got home by 11:15. It was supposed to be a relaxing afternoon, but I got a call from Katie saying she felt like she was going to throw up, so I picked her up from school. She then proceeded to bounce off the walls for the rest of the day.

Today, I've got grocery shopping and a well check for Lewis. I hope he's okay too. He said he felt a little sick this morning but seemed to be doing fine by the time he needed to go to school. Kenny is also home not feeling well, but he might improve enough to go late.

My Primary calling feels really heavy this week. I was getting excited about a new family of kids who started coming to church, but their dad took them from their mom. She has a restraining order against him, so she can't get them back since they have no custody arrangement, and the court date is in a few months. I went to see her and give her a loaf of bread, and I could tell she was feeling terrible, but I had no idea of how to help her. My other friend (and one of my teachers) just had a baby and had to bring him home on oxygen. I've been talking with her every day, but I don't feel like I'm all that helpful. I'm going to take her some ice cream later on.

The weather isn't helping. It's been sunny, but it has yet to be above 0 during the night or above freezing during the day. This is the worst winter of my entire life.

On the plus side, things are coming along nicely with my blog. We're also going on a little "Salt-Lake-Cation" next week with James's family. I really hope everyone is healthy by then.

1 comment:

  1. Chances are you are doing more good than you think. Keep going keep listening to the spirit. President callings can be really heavy. You are a unique woman with so many gifts to share.

    ReplyDelete