Thursday, February 23, 2023

Salt-Lake-Cation, Dressers

We left Thursday after school, and our drive was uneventful. The Airbnb had plenty of space for everyone even though it wasn't very accessible for Jacob. My family took the downstairs, where we had 3 bedrooms and a bathroom. James's parents and brother arrived about an hour after us, so we just hung out and talked the rest of the evening.

Friday morning, we had pancakes and then went to the Museum of Natural Curiosity in Lehi. The kids had a great time, and we even got there before it got super crowded. It was so much easier than the last time we went. The older kids kept track of the younger ones, so I didn't really have to worry about anyone or feed any babies. We went to the mall in Provo for lunch (shawarma) and then looked around at the stores. After that, we went to the giant D.I., where I found lots of leggings for Katie. She's pretty tall for age, but I've discovered that Lula Roe leggings (the adult size) fit her really well and are very comfy. At D.I., they are only 3 bucks! She also loves the bright, colorful patterns. We had pizza at the Airbnb, and the kids got in the hot tub afterward.

Saturday, we cleaned and packed up after having pancakes again. We went to the Bean Museum on BYU campus, then got ice cream at the Creamery. For lunch, we went to Nazca, a Peruvian restaurant that James's cousin Hillary works at. The food there was absolutely amazing! Afterward, we went to IKEA and got James a new dresser. We then headed home and arrived without incident with enough to unpack stuff.

Monday, we didn't have school. James took the little kids out while I put together his dresser. The kids deep cleaned their rooms. Since James got a new dresser, we gave his old one to Katie, Katie's old one to the boys, and did a lot of cleaning in spaces that are normally covered by furniture. I was completely wiped out by the end of the day, but in a good way.

The rest of the week has been all right so far. We had a few warm days, then a bunch of snow. :( Hopefully this will be the last big storm. I visited my ministering sisters yesterday after spending the whole afternoon making sugar cookies. I was really tired by then, but I felt that it was important for some reason.

James and I are going to the temple today. I'm excited because I heard there are some changes.

Things are going well with the blog. I've done over half of the recipes now. My goal of finishing by my birthday will definitely happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment