Thursday, February 2, 2023

More Texas, Party, Lewis's 6th Birthday, The Other Blog

The rest of the week without James went fine. I Googled the heater issue and figured out that I was expecting too much of it when it was below zero at night. I set it to 68 instead of 65 and didn't try to have it jump 5 degrees in the morning. It's still below zero at night, and the heater is doing just fine. There is some frost on the inside of our windows. I really want winter to be over! It's not snowy anymore, but it's way too cold. So far, our lowest temp was -17.

I took the kids to McDonald's for breakfast on Saturday. We then went to Walmart to buy Valentines. James got back around 2, rested, and then we went to a birthday party for Danny (Devin's middle child). It got really long at the end. Lewis threw up and Kenny had a minor breakdown. It ended up okay, though.

I've been sleeping restlessly this week, and I hate it. It means I have a slump around 4 each day, which is right when kids start getting home.

Lewis is 6! He opened his presents already. For dinner, we're having sausage, egg, and cheese muffins with blueberry ice cream and blueberry cheesecake to follow. I didn't have the greatest day 6 years ago since Lewis's birth was excruciating and he ended up in the NICU. I'm so glad to have that little boy in my life, though. He has a really happy temperament and snuggles with me every morning when I'm having a hard time getting going.

I felt that it was time to write my recipes in print-friendly form, so I'm working on that right now on my other blog. It's actually been really fun to learn a new plugin and not as hard as I thought. As a bonus, I'm revisiting all the recipes. About 10% of them need new pictures, and there are a few I'd forgotten about that I really want to try again. It's a good thing to keep my mind off of the crappy weather. Maybe one day, I'll even make money on it. That would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment