Thursday, January 26, 2023

Book Swap, Texas

The presidency meeting on Thursday went really well, and it was satisfying to get the nursery closet cleaned out.

Friday, we played DnD. It took a while to get to the game since we were all talking and eating snacks.

I went to a book swap at Jess's house, and it was a lot of fun. Before that, James and I went out for Chinese food and picked up some hot and sour soup to take since the theme was Chinese New Year. I've already read a couple of the books and enjoyed them a lot.

We went out for breakfast on Tuesday before James left for San Antonio. He's attending a conference on grading and squeezing in some fun things, like the Alamo.

Meanwhile, I'm holding down the fort. So far, I've finished 2 books, deep cleaned the girls' room, and stress baked a cake along with my other stuff. The kids had their first Primary activities of the year, and when I checked in, everyone looked like they were happy and having fun.

The stupid heater is having issues again. I don't know what the deal is, but it locks itself out at least once a day. I need to pay attention to it to figure out what the error code is. I woke up early because it had shut off and it was 58 in the house. Brr!

Despite that, I feel pretty calm about it and life in general. We've had lots of sunny days, a whole week now, and that's been really nice. Now if we can just get this snow to melt...

No comments:

Post a Comment