Thursday, January 5, 2023

New Year's, Snow, Sickness, Juliette

I eventually got caught up on Friday and managed to have a fairly relaxing Saturday. Honestly, I was still so tired from our trip that I didn't bother trying to stay up till midnight. We did enjoy our sub sandwiches, Chex mix, and eggnog ice cream, which turned out amazing. (I love it when recipes work on the first try.)

Sunday, I woke up early enough to get everything printed for Primary. Despite not having a pianist, everything went fine with passing out binders and rings. I'm glad to have them off my desk.

Monday, we took down Christmas. I organized the library to fit all our new books and even cleaned the shelves. I finished "Konmari-ing" the house yesterday, and it feels great. The sun even came out for maybe the 3rd time in the past month. We've had such a cloudy, snowy, and cold winter so far. I'm not a fan. I've had to shovel a lot since there's so much snow. We don't have walkways; we have tunnels.

Kenny and Lewis have stayed home most of the week due to stomach bug and nasty coughing. I've got a scratchy throat and fatigue, but I'm really hoping I feel better enough to do a playdate tomorrow. (Probably not. :( Samantha still has a bit of cough, and she had a little fever on Sunday night.)

Mara and Ricky had their 3rd baby on the 3rd! Her name is Juliette Cheryl, and she looks a lot like her adorable sisters. I can't wait to see her in a few months.

So far, this new year has been a little depressing due to the weather and sickness (yet again.) It feels like it's never going to end. I know it will, and in the meantime, thank goodness for cough drops and Gatorade.

No comments:

Post a Comment