Thursday, March 2, 2023

A Lot of Little Things, Bad and Good

The temple was really good on Thursday. More has changed than I expected, but I think I paid better attention because of it.

A lot of little things are bugging me this week.

1. Primary. I thought we were well-staffed for at least a few months, but I have to replace 2 teachers and 1 activities leader. They were all doing such a good job, but 1 has been in for 3 years, 1 had a baby, and the other is moving. I'm really sad. Coming up with names is my least favorite thing. I'm really glad that my counselors and secretary help with that. Katie also told me that 2 of her 3 leaders didn't show up for activities on Tuesday, and I also had to hunt down 3 subs on Sunday. I get a headache pretty much every Sunday now, and it's no wonder why.

2. The weather. It's March, and it's still too cold. We are now experiencing our February weather which means no more subzero, but it's still pretty wintry.

3. Growing pains. Kenny has been feeling sick in the mornings off and on for a few years, but after a lot of Googling and prayers, we decided to try treating it like pregnancy morning sickness. Despite my rule of no food in bedrooms, I made an exception for him so he can eat a snack before getting out of bed. So far, so good, but I still worry that it won't be enough. Katie is similarly hungry, but her biggest issue is moodiness right now, and it's driving me crazy. Most mornings, she's really grumpy, and it rubs off on everyone else. She's also had a lot of leg pain.

4. Trying to buy a car. We've looked at 2 seriously so far. 1 had a sketchy Carfax report, and the other one just didn't feel right for some reason. It's also going to cost a lot of money, and I don't look forward to that either.

I have to balance out the bad with some good, though.

1. I'm getting closer to finishing my blog update!

2. It's March, which means it's my birthday month.

3. The kids got good grades on their report cards.

4. I'm enjoying the book series I'm reading more than I expected (Ranger's Apprentice).

5. Despite the stress headaches (and the others from hormones, lack of sleep, sickness, or hunger), I have a medicine that works well and helps me feel better.

We're going to make it. I probably need to start baking more bread and muffins so my hungry preteens don't starve.


No comments:

Post a Comment