Thursday, March 30, 2023

Eye Appointments, Car, Birthday, NC Plans

In the past week, I went to eye appointments for Kenny, Katie, Lewis, and myself. Kenny's vision got a little worse, I have a little bit worse astigmatism, and Katie and Lewis checked out fine for now. Katie will most likely need glasses for far away by next year, though. She used to be farsighted but is now slightly nearsighted. I ordered new glasses for Kenny and me.

I had a really good, relaxing birthday. I first went to the Women's Conference with Ashley, and it gave me a lot of peace. James and the kids vacuumed out the car (which we'd spend an hour cleaning the day before). We went to Outdoor Expo and had some fried Oreos, which were delicious. Overall, I had a nice, relaxing day. I also made Texas sheet cake and dark chocolate ice cream with toasted almonds.

I'm still waiting on the car's title/lien release, but I have an appointment to get a new windshield after spring break. They are booked until then! I blame all the nasty potholes and loose rocks that are in/on the road right now. James had to pump the crawlspace again due to all the melting.

It's been super busy this week. We found time to watch a movie with the kids on Monday and eat my birthday pizza from Papa Murphy's. The Thai chicken flavor didn't end up being my favorite, but that's okay because it was free.

The kids had a talent show for activities on Tuesday, and I even took a neighbor kid who is investigating the Church.

Today, I need to run a few errands and go to Joseph's Poetry Jam at his school. There's a lot going on before I leave for NC next week, but I think I have all the sleeping arrangements figured out. I'm also excited that I'll get to see the temple open house in Richmond, VA. Phew. I feel like maybe I'll be able to breathe once spring break is over, but I'm not so sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment