Thursday, April 6, 2023

Conference, Kenny's 11th Birthday, Trip

We had a nice weekend watching General Conference. I made a point to take some notes so I could actually remember some stuff and pay attention better. It only has to be a sentence per talk, but it makes all the difference.

I went to see a couple of Joseph's teachers for parent/teacher conferences. One joked that I didn't need to be there, but it's still nice to meet the teachers when your student is doing well.

James and I went to the temple on Tuesday night, and it was really nice to be in a peaceful place during such a busy week.

Wednesday was super busy. I returned the pump that James borrowed for pumping out the crawl space, signed Samantha up for Kindergarten, and took the kids to an Easter egg hunt at the church while James took Kenny to a doctor's appointment. We'd actually done Kenny's cake and presents a day early, and I'm glad. I also had to hurry to get Joseph to Mutual.

Kenny seemed to enjoy his presents. We had chocolate pound cake and chocolate ice cream as well. He'd forgotten to ask for more Calvin and Hobbes books until right before his birthday, but I'd already bought him one. I felt pretty good about that because sometimes I'm bad at figuring out presents. Thank goodness for Amazon wish lists.

James and the kids left for Rexburg today, and I leave from the Vernal airport around 2 P.M. So far, I've spent the morning cleaning so I can come back to a clean house for a day. I'm so excited. Even though the snow hasn't finished melting, the kids are done playing in it, so I've been washing all the coats, hats, and gloves. I'm hoping to see a huge difference in the amount of snow when I get back from NC next Friday. Until then, I'll be crossing my fingers for some warm weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment