Thursday, April 27, 2023

Yard Work, Feeling Broken

Friday, Samantha and I went over to the Abarcas for a playdate, the first time in about a month. It was awesome to catch up, even though talking made me cough a lot more than I had been. We played DnD that night, which was also fun.

Saturday, we worked in the yard during the morning. It took a couple of hours to clean up trash, rake up dead leaves, and sweep yet another layer of dirt off the walkways. I also put air in all the bike tires. James and Joseph went to the dump to get rid of all the trash we'd accumulated since it was a free day. We took it easy the rest of the day since I definitely overworked myself with the yard stuff. I could feel in on Sunday, too. Thankfully, I wasn't conducting and didn't have to hunt down any teachers since I still didn't have my voice back!

Monday, we took a trip to get a free car wash in Naples and picked up fertilizer for the yard. We haven't applied it yet, but that will happen soon. We're also hoping to aerate in the next week.

Tuesday night, James and I went to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat. It was so much fun! I'd never seen the show before, but I was tapping my foot pretty much the whole time because it was so catchy.

I finally got my voice back! I'm pretty much over the cold now, but silly me, I reached for something in an upper cabinet Wednesday morning and strained a muscle right by my left shoulder blade. It hurt a lot the first day, and I tried a combo of ibuprofen, warm rice bag, and massage, but that wasn't quite right. Today, I'm staying away from massage and doing ice instead of heat, and I can already tell a huge difference. I'm also trying really hard to do nothing productive except the bare minimum. That's hard to do because I hate it when my house is messy, and I'm finally over the cold enough to actually want to do things, so it gets boring to just sit around and read (or watch TV). The weather has also been nice for the past few days, but I've been in too much pain to enjoy it. I have confidence that I'll be doing a lot better by tomorrow, and James is going to get the groceries this afternoon. I'm grateful that my family can step in when I'm not feeling well. Only James got the cold, and it wasn't nearly as nasty for him, so I'm glad for that too. Things have to get better from here on out, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment