Thursday, April 20, 2023

The Cold, Car Stuff

My family made it back safely on Saturday, but despite a lot of rest since then, I still haven't gotten my voice back! Well, not entirely. It has made improvements, but there's no way I'll be able to sing in the next week or 2. I remember this being the case in December. I was sad that I didn't have my full vocal range for most of the month and couldn't really sing Christmas songs. I was feeling crummy enough on Saturday and Sunday that I didn't go to Stake Conference. I'm feeling mostly better from the main cold symptoms, but I'm still super tired and a little lightheaded.

It doesn't help that it's been a busy week. Monday, I got a new windshield for the van, which took longer than I expected. Lewis and Samantha did really well with the 2 hour wait and didn't get antsy until the last 30 minutes.

Tuesday, James stayed home since I gave him the cold, so I went by myself to get a key fob programmed for the van. It wasn't too bad of wait, and they had no problems programming it. I was a little worried about only having 1 key. That seemed like tempting fate, so to speak.

Wednesday, I felt worse than I had on Monday and Tuesday, so I lazed around as much as possible. I attempted a new recipe at dinner, but it was an epic fail, so James got Chinese. I honestly broke down and cried at one point. I hate setbacks in getting better, and the whole day definitely felt like I was trying to walk through deep sand. I hate being so tired. Resting is boring because I can only handle so much TV or reading at a time.

Today, I got the summer tires put on the Yukon XL. It wasn't too horrible. I'm still tired, but it's a bit better than yesterday. I think this cold is especially bad because I was so sleep deprived when I got it. I usually need a week of extra rest just to get over a week of travel, and I don't think I've done that yet because I max out at about 8 1/2 hours a day. Maybe in another week I will be completely recovered!

No comments:

Post a Comment