Friday, April 14, 2023

NC and Rexburg Trips

I've had an exhausting week, to say the least, but it's great to be home alone for a day until everyone else comes back.

Thursday, I flew from Vernal to Denver to Raleigh. Christian picked me up, and I stayed at his house for the night since there were guests coming for the wedding. We stayed up way too late, but it was fun. Rachel gave me a whole bunch of clothes for the boys, so that really filled up my suitcase.

I went over to Mara's the following afternoon at 3, but things got cut a bit short since we had to go to Cary to decorate the building for the reception. It was a ton of work, and Mara and I didn't stay for the whole thing since she had to get her girls to bed. The older girls love me, and it was my first time meeting Juliette, who was born in January. We had a busy Saturday morning since the wedding was at 10:45. Oh, and it was pouring down rain all of Friday and Saturday. That make things a little colder and soggier than they needed to be. Lars and Emily's wedding was beautiful, and we had a luncheon at the church afterward which consisted of Danny's BBQ. Yum! Then, it was back to Apex to do some preparations for the reception. Everything looked beautiful and there was a lot of good food (pretzels and dips), but not a lot of people came, which was a bummer. We cleaned up afterward and were all completely exhausted.

Sunday, we went to a beautiful Easter service and then had lunch at Myles and Skyla's house. I felt pretty good up until 2:00, then I got hit with horrible cramps. For the rest of the day, I stayed on the couch with a heating pad. I'm glad I had the chance to rest and that this didn't happen during the wedding.

Monday morning, I made Lars and Myles their scrapbooks from old papers Dad kept in the file cabinet upstairs. Monday night, I went to dinner at Alpaca with Brinson and Ceci and then an escape room also with Carmel and her boyfriend, Matthew. We did the hardest one and only went over 1 minute! It was also a lot of fun. I stayed with Myles and Skyla that night.

Myles, Skyla, Wade and I attended the Richmond temple open house. It was a nice drive since we stopped at some parks, for lunch, and at a peanut store. I got some goodies to bring home. The temple was absolutely beautiful and had a colonial feel to it. After dinner with Myles and Skyla, I went back to Apex.

Wednesday, I started feeling a bit sick with a cold. I went to Mara's house again since we didn't have much time before. Myles and Skyla came for dinner, and Christian and Rachel came for dessert. We had a great time hanging out even though I lost my voice.

I didn't feel any better on Thursday, but I made it back to Apex and took it easy during the day. Rachel and William came to visit, and so did Brinson and Ceci later on. I attempted to go to bed early, but no luck.

I made it home today after dragging myself through the Raleigh and Denver airports. Phew. I felt like I was about to collapse, but it's clean and quiet, so I can rest without actually sleeping and throwing off tonight's sleep. I'm thinking 9:00 sounds pretty good, though! My cold is doing a lot better, and I think I might get my voice back tomorrow. Also, the snow is pretty much gone from our yard. I'm so excited! Spring is finally here! For the rest of today, I'm going to be as lazy as possible so I can catch up on rest/sleep before my family gets back tomorrow. It was a really good trip, but I'm ready to get back to my regular routine now.

No comments:

Post a Comment