Thursday, August 24, 2023

Fair, School

We went to a little bit of the Uintah County Fair last Thursday and Friday. I love that it's small and free. I think my favorite part is looking at the quilts. I can't imagine being that good at quilting and making something that looks like actual art.

Saturday evening, we went to a birthday party for Ana and Benji Boyle. The pozole was good, and so was the company. Lewis played a little too hard and felt sick afterward, but he was fine by the next morning.

Speaking of illness, Katie had a couple of mosquito bites from Idaho get infected. They looked like boils, and she ended up having 4 of them. We were careful to apply warm compresses and keep a bandage over them until they drained. So gross. She complained a lot about the pain and itching, but she's been fine the past few days. Poor Katie always gets the weird skin stuff.

We went to Back to School Night on Monday. It was a little stressful since I took 2 neighbor kids while their mom was at work. We found all the classrooms within 30 minutes, so I'll call that a win.

Tuesday, we went to the rec center to swim after James and Joseph got home from a missionary lesson with Joseph's friend Tyren. It looks like Tyren will be getting baptized pretty soon, which is super exciting. They've gone to 2 lessons this week and have a third on Saturday. Though bedtime ended up a little late, I feel like it was worth it to be in the water. Everyone was happy for the first morning of school.

The first day of school went fine for everyone, but it felt super long at the same time. I took Samantha in for her Kindergarten testing and then had a lot to do at home. I didn't finish it all and kind of crashed (mentally) by 2:30. I felt tired the rest of the day till almost bedtime, and then I couldn't sleep. Hopefully I'll adjust to waking up at 6 soon. I really have been trying, but it's been a tough adjustment from the lazy schedule of summer.

Kenny didn't feel well this morning due to anxiety, but I felt that it was important for him to go to school since it's only the second day and sets a precedent for the rest of the year (so to speak). Last year, his anxiety made my mornings extra stressful because I never knew if he was going to wake up feeling sick or not. He missed about 8 days of school due to just that, but he always felt better by 8:30 or 9:00 A.M. I haven't heard from the school, so the prayers must have worked. I really hope he can work through this soon because I don't feel like I know how to help. One day at a time, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment