Thursday, August 17, 2023

Last Week of Summer, Saving

We ended up loving The Foreigner. A really nice thing about the Playmill is that they bring food to you, so I got to eat a hot fudge sundae right there in my seat. The van had some brake troubles, but we made it back okay with lots of brake checks.

Friday, we went to Victor to eat lunch with Grandpa and kayak. It was mostly relaxing, but we didn't get back as early as I'd hoped, so dinner wasn't quite ready when Lars and Emily showed up. We had a good time with them.

The drive home on Saturday was a bit stressful. We got delayed by traffic, then 2 trains, then a parade, so we didn't get back till almost 6:30. I felt a lot of stress that day, but I got everything done by bedtime.

I went to a fun Relief Society social on Tuesday night. We had flavored drinks/sodas and hung out.

James started work on Monday and did Monday and Tuesday. Yesterday, he installed the new dishwasher that we got for almost free since Lowe's would rather replace than repair. I'm not complaining. It smells nice and the top rack isn't broken. It's so good to have sanitized dishes again. James and I shot the old dishwasher, then he took it to the dump. The kids made us dinner and we watched Cyrano, which was totally depressing even though it had great music. We had to follow it up with something funny.

We're working hard to save money for FanX (Comicon) in Salt Lake in September. Our goals are to make no more random shopping trips to D.I., Ross, TJ Maxx, or Walmart. Also, no eating out for a month. It hasn't been a week yet, so ask me in another week how it's going. I hope we can save up enough to go for a day. Inflation has hurt us quite a bit since last March, and I'm not a fan. Despite all the questions about it, I don't feel that the timing is right for me to go out and get a job. Samantha will only be gone for 1/2 of the day, so that doesn't leave me enough time to do anything except keep this house from falling apart. I had a feeling earlier this year that we would be able to save again, but it hasn't happened quite yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment