Thursday, August 10, 2023

Rexburg Trip

We went on a successful hike to Ely Falls on Thursday. It was longer than expected, 5.4 miles instead of 4, but we made it! It was fun to see the waterfall after 9 years. The kids loved it. We returned home tired and hungry, but mostly happy. The older kids got invited to the O'Crowleys' for a going away party. The younger kids went with the Boyles to a science activity, so James and I had 2 hours alone at home, which was nice.

Friday was busy. Our neighbor needed help watching his kids, so they came over from 11-4. We hosted the O'Crowleys for dinner and had a wonderful time. They said it was a nice break from packing for Germany, so that made me feel happy.

Saturday morning, I went to a baptism, and all went well with that. We lazed around the rest of the day because we were still pretty worn out from the previous 2 days. We then attended a ward party.

Monday, we left for Rexburg with a stop at the Conference Center and Church History Museum. Both were great, but I got hungry and grouchy at the end. We arrived in Rexburg in time for dinner, which was really nice. One of the hardest things about traveling is not having homecooked meals on the way.

Tuesday, Melodie took the kids to Bear World while James, Anna, and I went to the Barbie movie. We loved it! It was funny, heartwarming, and silly. I'm glad I stopped watching people's social media opinions of it and made my own. I laughed and cried during the movie. We went to dinner at the Lees', and that was fun too.

Wednesday, we picked huckleberries in the morning. Among the people there, we got 1 1/4 cups, just enough to make a batch of huckleberry ice cream.  After a delicious lunch at Big Jud's, we went to Rigby Lake in the afternoon. The water was too cold for me to go in all the way, but the kids really enjoyed playing in the sand and water.

Today, the kids are going to Bear World again while I make a double batch of raspberry ice cream. Then, it's off to West Yellowstone to the Playmill to see The Foreigner. I'm so excited.

This trip has been one of many "firsts". 

No comments:

Post a Comment