Thursday, November 9, 2023

Time Change, November Glimmers

The time change has been just as hard as I thought. I'm still tired, and it's Thursday. I've tried to get enough sleep, but that's easier said than done. Plus, it's the season of being "kinda sick" (meaning, just having a headache and fatigue), so I don't know which thing is more of a factor today. Maybe both are.

I stressed about it a ton, but we had our first practice for the Primary program on Sunday. It was a great success! Yes, there are some things to iron out, but we made it through the entire thing, which is a miracle. It went a lot more smoothly than I thought it would.

I made spaghetti sauce on Monday. 1 more batch of sauce to go before I finish with the tomatoes! I'm still waiting on the rest to ripen. I'm not done with canning yet because apples will be coming my way from my in-laws. Maybe by December?

I met my friend's twin babies on Tuesday. They are the tiniest babies I've ever held! I can't even imagine having 2 newborns at the same time.

I've been struggling with November a little. Suddenly, it's dark and cold. I'm trying to find the "glimmers" in this month, though. I know it's important to stay in "fall/Thanksgiving mode" and not start anything relating to Christmas because it makes me feel rushed and stressed. It's already been so much better than November of last year. We cleaned up the yard on Saturday, and the kids had a wonderful time playing with their friends in the nice weather. It hasn't snowed yet, and no one has died either. Last year, we had a record-breaking amount of snow and lost 4 relatives. We were also constantly sick. This year has already been a lot better in so many ways.

I'm still stressing about the Primary program, but not as much. The main planning is done, and it's going to happen on Sunday no matter what. I feel a lot better about it. I don't regret all the organization I've done for the Primary in the last year. It's one of my greatest strengths, and I've had lots of opportunities to use it. By Sunday, we will have done everything at least once, so I already know what to expect from here on out (theoretically).

One thing I'm glad I started doing a few years ago in the fall: rereading a favorite book series and doing a movie marathon (not necessarily the same series). As I get stressed about the cold, dark, and holidays, it's nice to revisit something comforting and familiar. I read the Hunger Games and have almost finished all the movies with the boys. I'm also starting The Stormlight Archive again, and I love it even more this time. Thank you, Brandon Sanderson, for being the best author ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment