Thursday, November 30, 2023

Thanksgiving, Sick, Canning, Christmas Season

The Hunger Games movie was good, though sad. It's hard to see a villain become more evil as time goes on.

I can't remember a lot of the past 2 weeks because we've still been sick. One cold turned into another over Thanksgiving break. I know this because the other had lasted about 2 weeks, then I started over with a sore throat and a lot of fatigue. Our entire break was spent trying to get enough rest while we were there. Because of other family events, it was more possible than usual. I didn't go shopping or play any board games either. Even sitting through the Thanksgiving meal was hard because of the fatigue. We still had a good time visiting with family, though, and I'm glad we went.

We returned home on Sunday to 2 inches of snow, our very first of the season. It was too powdery for a snowman, but there's supposed to be more today.

Not too much has happened this week. I got the rock chip fixed on the van and finally finished canning! Ashley is coming over soon to learn how to do spaghetti sauce. I did apple sauce and some meals in jars on Tuesday. My final count for the season is 144 jars! That's more than double of what I normally do.

I feel like I'm ready to start Christmas-y things. We put up our tree and train on Monday. I've started buying some presents on Amazon as well. Hopefully I can have all the shopping done by the end of next week. I'm still trying to keep things as simple as possible. Not shopping in person is one of the ways I save myself some stress. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment