Thursday, November 2, 2023

Dad's Visit, Halloween

I spent Friday morning grinding up deer meat. We ended up with about 30 pounds of meat, which is a lot when translated into current beef prices. Dad visited us on Friday and Saturday. We of course had to get some KFC for dinner. We also tried some of the deer, and it was delicious, not very gamey at all. It's probably because James got a young deer, butchered it as quickly as possible, and didn't overcook it. It was especially tasty with butter and some fresh herbs.

Saturday night, we went to the Jensen Pumpkin Festival. It was cold, but fun.

I went to Halloween parties for both Samantha and Lewis. Everything went well with the Trunk or Treat on Tuesday. It got a little chilly, but we had the right amount of pizza and treat bags. The kids are still working on their candy. I hope it's gone by Saturday because they've been grumpier and leaving candy wrappers on the floor. I'm always glad when Halloween's over. I don't hate it, but it's not my favorite either.

James and I went on a date yesterday to see where he shot his deer. It was good, but I got kind of carsick after a while. The view from Little Mountain was especially beautiful at sunset.

Today hasn't been the best so far. I took Joseph to the orthodontist, and while I was at the gas station, the power steering stopped working in the G6. I drove it home after the ortho to switch it out, but the Yukon had a completely flat tire so I couldn't. Ugh. Luckily, the power steering started working again. I got my book at the library and stopped at Smith's for sales. I didn't have much luck there, but I got Katie her pomegranates there were on sale.

I'm not looking forward to the time change this weekend. The stuff I love about fall has come to an end, and now it's just cold and dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment