Monday, November 8, 2010

Class Registration from Hades!

Okay, there's really only one thing driving me mad right now, and that is class registration at BYU-I. I'm not even the one taking classes. James put me in charge of signing up for classes for my brother-in-law, who returns home from his mission in a little over two weeks. Yay! Anyway, there are several things about BYU-I's website that are just plain stupid.

1. You can't find anything.
2. The course search has way too many possible options, leaving you with 50 pages of stuff or nothing at all.
3. You can't use the back/forward button.
4. Classes change codes every 2 years.
5. Those codes are never updated in the degree audit tool, so you have to load your degree audit, find the class name, then go back into class registration and figure out the new code for yourself. Um, why not keep the class codes the same? Or at least put the old code in parentheses? Is it really that hard?
6. Old catalogs have classes that don't exist anymore!
7. The new website claims to be more user-friendly. HA.

I could go on, but all I'll say is that I'm really glad that I don't have to register! Luckily, my brother-in-law will end up with a decent schedule and all the classes he wanted.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh... I don't usually register for my own classes (I do it through the disability office) but i had to help a friend register last year, and it was a NIGHTMARE. Absolutely insane. The new website makes me want to swear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely! So glad that I will never have to do it again and that I never had to use the new system anyway!

    ReplyDelete