Monday, November 8, 2010

One in a Million

Yesterday at church, two babies got blessed. There were three other babies born in the last week. It would seem that Joseph, now 5 months old, has lost his novelty. He's not a newborn anymore, so he doesn't have mobs of people begging to hold him or catch a glimpse of him for the first time to see which parent he resembles more. It would almost seem that he's not as important as he used to be. The world is constantly changing. One fad replaces another before I can blink. Technology becomes outdated soon after it hits the shelves.

Heavenly Father does not see His children that way. He knows and loves us individually, no matter how long we've been around or how imperfect we are. He rejoices when His children succeed and choose the right, weeps when they feel pain, and laughs when they suck on their toes (as Joseph is doing right now). He understands each child and loves them all.

I understand only a tiny part of that love He feels for me because of how I feel about my child. Long before Joseph was born, I dreamed of having a baby that I could hold in my arms and call my own. His arrival was none too soon, and I look forward to the day when he will have brothers and sisters.

God gives us children to teach us how to love. We may fail to love our fellow man for his imperfections, but it is so easy to love a child, even an imperfect one.

No comments:

Post a Comment