Friday, November 12, 2010

It's Wintertime, It's Wintertime, the Snow is Falling Down

And yes, it's all around the town. We got several inches of snow a few days ago. Surprisingly enough, it was the first real snowfall of the season. 

Fall was so beautiful this year, and I'm quite sad to see it go. But, despite all my wishing, the seasons will keep on changing. I will keep growing older, my baby will grow up, and my husband will lose his hair. (I think his hairline is already receding, but he doesn't believe me!) Sometimes I  look back on the days when I had few responsibilities. 10 years ago, I barely had to do anything for myself. My parents paid for everything, did my laundry, cooked my meals, and drove me where I needed to go. At school, I was just a student, nothing else.

It's interesting to see how my roles have changed. I am still a daughter and a student (though not formally). I have also become a teacher and a mother, as well as a nurturer, cook, wannabe seamstress, wife, sometimes chauffeur, and housekeeper. Taking care of a family is no small job, but there's no real way to compare it to the things I did 10 years ago. Is it easier? Certainly not. But is it worth all the stress? Definitely.

I am grateful that I have the opportunity to be a homemaker. My mother was and is the best example to me. I'm glad that she stays home and shows the world that it can be done with lots of kids and one income. I know that I'm doing the right thing, and the Lord has blessed us financially in many ways. We don't have extra money or even a whole lot to save, but we have enough. It takes so much faith (which I don't always have) to know that we will be able to pay for everything, but the Lord knows our needs. He goes above and beyond blessing us with just our needs, though. As any loving parent, he often gives us things that we don't deserve but He knows that they will make us happy.

I'm so grateful to be a mom. It's the best job in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment