Friday, August 12, 2011

Secrets

I've never been one to keep my own secrets (though I will for others, don't worry!). It's tough. There's always that moment when a good friend tells you something, then says, "Oh...and don't tell anyone else!" Doesn't that just make it more tempting to tell?

I guess it depends on the secret. There are the deep, dark, secrets that maybe you've never shared with anyone. Maybe they are past sins, or maybe they're irrational fears. I feel like I share everything with James. He hears about all of those silly things, which don't really surface unless I'm having a very emotional day. I've had friends share those things with me as well. They aren't tempting to share with other people. I have no reason to discuss pieces of my friends' souls with anyone else.

As for good news, that's a different story altogether. It's extremely hard not to share good news, whether it's mine or someone else's. Needless to say, I do have some good news.

But I'm going to wait until Tues. to share. Is that horrible of me? Maybe. But I think we will survive until then. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment